Welcome to the information page for Calderstones.
Those Killed From Calderstones
Queen Mary's Commonwealth War Graves Cemetery-Whalley
43 servicemen buried here with 9 from WW2 and 34 from WW1. All wounded in action and treated in the Hospital.
1. Bolton Thomas. No Age given. Died 7/3/1943. S/N 1304099. 2nd Class. Aircraftman. RAF Volunteer Reserve. Buried RC Section G 643.
2. Brown John. Driver. Aged 38. Died 28/5/1940. S/N T/127767. Royal Army Service Corps. From Devon. Grave 150.
3. Percy L Dodd. No Age given. Died 22/8/1942. S/N. 10585421. Rank Private. Royal Army Ordnance Corps. C of E Section. Grave No. 154. No further information.
4. Coveney Dudley James. Aged 29. Died 18/9/1940. S/N 6091754. Sergeant. 1/5th Bn The Queens Royal Regiment. (West Surrey). Husband to Doris Coveney. From Fallowfield- Manchester. Buried C of E Section. Grave No 152.
5. Flynn John Joseph. No Age given. Died 16/11/1942. S/N 992888. Sergeant -Royal Artillery. Husband of Amy Flynn-Blackburn. Grave RC. Grave 644.
6. Hall William. Aged 45. Died 27/1/1941. S/N. 7581598. Rank Staff Sergeant. Royal Army Ordnance Corps. Husband of Sarah Hall and lived Oswaldtwistle. Buried CofE Section. Grave No 153.
7. McCutchen James. Aged 25. Died 28/5/1940. S/N. 1886807. Sapper Royal Engineers. Home -Lanark. Scotland. Buried. C of E Section Grave No. 151.
8. Welsh Joseph Vincent. Aged 19. Died 11/7/1940. Service No. 20751135. 232 Field Coy Royal Engineers. No Rank Given. From Dunstan, Gateshead. Buried RC Section Grave No. 645.
9. Wright Stewart Aged 43. Died 11/6/1945. S/N. 221204. Rank Captain. Royal Artillery. Husband of Violet May Wright. Essex. Buried. C of E Section Grave No. 155.